I am a hard working, trustworthy individual who is comfortable working individually and enjoys interacting with a team. A graduate from Southampton Solent University, I have good time management and am always able to meet deadlines. I enjoy all things creative but especially sports and I believe that is expressed within my work.
– 2012: Southampton
Solent University BA (Hons) Sports Journalism
2006 – 2008: Brighton and Hove Sixth Form College, Sussex
2001 – 2006: Cardinal Newman Catholic School, Sussex
Degree: An upper 2:1 in Sports Journalism
BTEC: Sports and Exercise Science – Double Distinction
A Level: Art (D)
GCSEs: 1 A*, 1 A, 4 B’s, 3 C’s
Other: Half Colours Sports Award 2008: Awarded for outstanding performance in sport.
2016 – Present: Director/Editor, TD Publications- I set up the publishing house TD Publications in order to have total autonomy over the content we produce, allowing us to focus on high-end publications locally and nationally, including the writing, editing, sourcing of advertisements and printing of The Independent Brighton & Hove Coffee Guide 2018.
2016 - Present: Editor, Brightonfinest.com
- As the editor of Brightonsfinest.com I have developed and implemented a company-wide style guide as well as proof reading and amending every article before it goes live on the site. I also write reviews, previews and interviews on a weekly basis.
2015: Director/Copy Writer, Title Media
- As a director I am involved in the day-to-day development and expansion of our publishing company as well as market research, visioning, leadership and implementation of all projects. I also run run all our online content and communicate with client throughout the copy writing process to successfully meet editorial goals.
2013 - 2015: Assistant Editor, Absolute Magazine
- In this role I managed staff, set deadlines as well as compiling content for each monthly publication. I organised the magazine's distribution and proof read every issue. Each month I wrote for a wide range of different readerships, from lifestyle to business to entertainment, while i also fly abroad to write travel articles.
2013 - 2014: Assistant Editor, Platinum Business Magazine
- In my position I was in charge of running the magazine's social media and all online content. I organised the entire distribution for the magazine based on its target audience and clientele. I also wrote multiple articles and proof read every issue.
2012 - 2013: Staff Writer, Absolute Magazine & Sussex Sport Magazine
- During my time in this role I contributed articles and feature interviews to both publications as well as acting as the Web Editor for both titles. As Web Editor I wrote and uploaded articles, spread them across social media platforms and photographed and edited images for web use. I also wrote a number of sports club brochures during this time.
September 2012: Editorial Desk, The Argus
- During a week-long work placement I produced articles on a host of topics as well as interviewing several members of the public for the newspaper.
August 2012: Sports Desk, Worthing Herald
- I took part in a week-long work placement, producing articles on a range of sports, covering live sports events as well as interviewing a host of sports management staff and for the newspaper.
2012: Sports Writer, Shoot Magazine
- I wrote regular articles for the football magazine and website, focusing on English football clubs as well as international soccer news.
2012 Sports Blogger, sportsbookguardian.com
- I wrote weekly blogs offering tips on the best bets within the world of football, tennis, boxing and especially horse racing.
- For the website my job was to edit the weekly podcast by cutting out audio, inserting music, jingles and sound effects before uploading it to the site.
- I wrote two articles a week for the website. Researching and sourcing the latest and biggest news within NBA basketball.
Core Skills: Excellent ability to produce articles under pressure, research subjects in-depth, build relationships quickly – essential when interviewing subjects, and proof read work accurately under pressure.
IT Skills: Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Audition and Final Cut Pro. Excellent knowledge of the Internet, social-networking and multi-media platforms.
Self-Motivation: I achieved a 2:1 degree while captaining the university’s basketball team, studying for my degree and working to fund my studies. I was an Assistant Editor by the time I was 23 years old and Director by 25.
Creativity: Highly skilled in writing scripts for radio and television, editing both audio and video and the use of Photoshop to edit images.
Communication: I can deliver presentations to a target audience and field questions under pressure.
Languages: I hold an ABC Level 1 qualification in Spanish.